You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘computer instruction’ tag.
The Olean Public Library is seeking a part time librarian to provide reference service and computer instruction.
- Provide reference and readers’ advisory service
- Provide instruction in both print and electronic resources
- Provide individual assistance and instruction, including one-on-one computer tutoring, to meet the needs and abilities of patrons using the library’s public computer center. Areas of instruction will include, but not be limited to, the following: basic computer skills; setting up and using e-mail; searching the Internet; and using Microsoft Office applications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong public service orientation
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with the public
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to communicate library policies and procedures to the public
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Includes some evenings and weekends.
ALA accredited MLS and NYS Public Librarian Certificate preferred, but will consider a student enrolled in an ALA-accredited library school.
Send resume and cover letter by May 27, 2011 to:
Olean Public Library
134 N. 2nd Street
Olean, NY 14760